The almost finished product:
So, remember how I vowed never to use fondant again? Well, time has a way of helping me forget pain and suffering, and I tried Ashlee's fondant recipe so I could practice. (Ashlee is the amazingly talented owner of the Bitter Sweet Cake Shop in Texas). I had never made my own and wanted to try it out. Thanks Ashlee, I really wish you were here! :) I have come to the conclusion, once again, that this cake making, baking, cleaning up, frosting making, cleaning up, fondanting, cleaning up, decorating, and cleaning up, etc . . . is not my cup of tea (herbal of course). It takes SO long and it doesn't even look good yet! I guess practice makes perfect, but sheesh getting to the practicing part takes for-ever. This little 6 inch & 8 inch cake project took 2 days. There is a reason--besides the minor detail about "lack of talent"--that I will never ever EVER be in the cake decorating business. :) To top it all off, the reason I was practicing with the fondant is because I told my cousin that I would make her wedding cake for next weekend; what on earth was I thinking?!
2 comments:
That cake is so so cute- why are you so hard on yourself! I bet your daughter loved it. I agree its a lot of work and I agree you shouldn't do it if you don't enjoy it but don't tell me you don't have talent- you silly girl!
It looks so cute because I know at just what angle to take the pictures, notice I only showed pictures of one of the cakes. ;) I'm just being realistic. Remember me? Imperfection at it's finest. I just expect certain results for that much work (and I want the results without the practice. Isn't that the way??) :) And actually, I have renewed hope about the wedding cake now that Anita is going to help me frost it just right and roll out and put on the fondant--hooray!
Post a Comment