Wednesday, March 5, 2008

So, the flowers I ended up making for the cake were daisies, roses, pansies, apple blossoms, and violets. Then I added some more chrysanthemums (minus the ones I dropped and broke!), leaves, 2 colorflow birds and a colorflow butterfly.

My blank canvas eagerly awaiting its art. :)

Ta-da!
And another shot closer up.
Don't forget that this little basket weave was a first attempt (and so was the border). Next time I'll go a little slower and hopefully it won't look like a 50 year old dilapidated farm fence.A couple of pictures from the back of the cake.

I can't believe I really make these just to get cut up and eaten! That's why I have to take (and bore everybody except my parents with) so many pictures.
One painful slice out, many more to go. :)


And one last photo of my beautiful fresh spring bouquet before we ate it. And actually, with my newly acquired frosting recipe (thanks sister B), it tasted quite delicious.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kimber- you are such a fun person. Now I know you are not interested in this but if you were to do this for a profession "Cakes by K" sounds like a great name and I think your slogan "if you dont expect too much you just might be impressed" is absolutely hilarious- reading that made my day though of course it is so not true- you are fabulous and I cant wait to see your upcoming fondant creations.

Ashlee Marie said...

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you liked my wedding cakes. That first one you commented on (december 05) was the cake I did just a few weeks after my final course 3! So you'll totally be ready. I did my course 3 final as a practise, so I did stacked square instead of the round tierd... If you decide to attempt it and want some pointers I'd love to help!